Property Q&A in Northport>Question Details

aji1000@msn.…, Home Buyer in Sayville, NY

My husband and I went to thie open house at 2:00 waited and waited, no realestate agent showed to show this house.

Asked by aji1000@msn.com, Sayville, NY Sun Aug 5, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1041935062-2-Winkle-Point-Dr-…

Answers

6
De Vonte, I have a feeling your link might have taken you to a different house. The house on Winkle Point did have listed on MLS, an Open House from 2-4 yesterday. Not sure why the agent did not show up, but it was listed on MLS.
I had the Open House from 1:30-3:30 P.M. yesterday, and it was pretty busy. What address was the Open House that you went to? There are several listings on Pidgeon Hill Road.
The listing does show that there was supposed to be an Open House there today, but it sounds like there must have been an issue for the agent to not show up. How incredibly frustrating it must have been for you to keep waiting,especially in the heat today!

Your best bet is to make an appointment with an agent you would like to work with and have him/her take you in to see that house. This way you are not rushed at all and can take your time going through the home without other potential buyers being in the house at the same time. It is a good idea to consider a Buyers Agent, so that your interest is protected (a Buyers Agent works for you, not the seller), but any agent can take you in to see the house.

That is a beautiful area so don't give up on trying to get in to see it. Feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.

Good Luck,
Lyssa
Get a buyer's agent. If you go to an open house the agent is representing the sellers, not you. If you get a buyer's agent it should cost you nothing and they will protect your interests as well as helping you find properties, show you properties, negotiate for you and a whole host of other vital services.
No need to wait for open houses. Any Realtor (including me and my agents) would be happy to get you into this or any home.

Gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
Why not simply consider working with an agent of your own....he/she can schedule private showings, provide any necessary information, etc. Why wait for open houses and other potential buyer competition....