Property Q&A in 11725>Question Details

Mlcosta03, Home Owner in Commack, NY

My home is valued at the same price as a 3 bedroom with no improvements on the outside...i also was unable to updated the details after I estab accoun

Asked by Mlcosta03, Commack, NY Wed Jul 4, 2012

Answers

6
It appears your question got cut off. Please email me with the rest of your question so we can discuss this further as to what other factors besides improvements may be affecting price.
Contact a few real estate agents and request a free market analysis of your home. With three opinions you should have a very good idea of the market value. While you are speaking to the agent's, mention the specific property you are referring to, and ask them about any discrepencies. It's always best to get several expert opinions rather than relying on less reliable sources of information.

Tom Brady SFR, e-Pro, SRES, GREEN
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Ret. NYPD Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Plaza - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
It sounds as if you are handling this yourself; not a good idea and this is just one example of what you may be up against.

I am in the area and if you would like a current market analysis of your property value, I would be happy to accommodate; no charge...no obligation.

Gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
Your Agent has to update a listing. Not the homeowner themselves. Don't understand who valued your home or what type of account you established. Speak to your or a agent in your area.
Not sure who valued your home, however don't simply rely on online estimates of value, as some may be inaccurate, nor updated; rather review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and from there; or hire a professional appraiser. Since it appears your question was cut off, if inaccurate information regarding your home is posted on this site, directly contact customer service http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/
It appears that your question was cutoff. Can you repost or email me directly? I can provide you with some tools to monitor the market to see what your competition is