Victorious7, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

My father died leaving the family house ( in N.Y state) to my two sisters and myself. I don't want to be on the deed of the house.

Asked by Victorious7, Atlanta, GA Tue Sep 11, 2012

For five years the house has sat. My younger sister is over the estate. Their has been a few people interested in buying the house but, my younger sister refuses to sell. She has stop talking to my older sister and myself. Can I Quit Claim my part of the house over to my younger sister? And if so, do I need her signature. The home is in New York State.

Answers

7
yes you can,yes you do need her to sign
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
You need to consult a real estate attorney. You say the house has sat for five years, at the least it's condition will be declining, if it's vacant you could have squatters or violations. What part of NY is it?
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Hello Victorious.

It is not your sister's decision to sell or not sell the property. If you believe she has failed to do so, you can request that the court compel her to do so. As well, you should not quit claim yourself from the deed of this property. If you are one of the owners you should follow through on the wishes of your father and claim your rights to the property. If you do not want the money then you should donate the proceeds to your church or a deserving organization that you or your father supported.

You should not allow your sister to bully you. If you have any additional questions please contact me directly at 914-299-0420. I also know a great attorney in New York that can help. Call me at anytime. It's never too early or too late to discuss your business.
My strongest suggestion would be to contact a real estate attorney. What area in NY does the house reside?
Before considering the idea consult with an attorney, he/she can better advise....
I would contact an attorney to find out what your rights are. I wish you good luck.
What zip code is the home located in?