Property Q&A in Inwood>Question Details

Ellemarie11, Renter in 10017

Looking for an investor friendly building in Inwood or lower (west side), Pied a terre maybe but would like to option to sublet as well.

Asked by Ellemarie11, 10017 Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

8
An investor friendly building basically means a condo, or a coop with liberal sublet policy. Inwood has a condo complex on 571 and 581 Academy Street. There are 3 sales listings at the moment, all 3 with different brokers. Check them on streeteasy.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Inwood has many coops that are not invester friendly there may be one building that is Condo. If you would like to work with a Real Estate Agent on your search, please feel free to contact me at
echavers@elliman.com.

Good luck with your search.
Feel free to call me. I have 18 years experience in Inwood. I know which co-ops are investor friendly. Isaac@isoproperty.com 917.733.6686
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Condos are your best bet for an investor friendly building. You can use a condo as a pied a terre and rent it whenever you like (rare eceptions) You can use some co-ops as a pied a terre, but sublet rules vary by building and generally require residence for a minimum period of time and/or limit the period of time you can sublet. Many co-ops charge a fee for subletting too, generally tied to the amount of rent or maintenance. For example the listing i have now on the upper west side allows pied a terres but limits subletting to two years with an option to renew for one year (with board approval) and charges 20% of annual maintenance for the first year and 30% for the second year.

If I can help you in any way please let me know. I have bought several properties as investments in the past and can share with you my experiences.

John Speaks
Bond New York
917-697-6035 (M)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
What is "an investor friendly building"?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Why not simply choose an agent to work with who can help you with your endeavor..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi, there are many investor friendly buildings in New York. I would like to get more information on what you are exactly looking for in order to provide the adequate answers and schedule properties visits.

Please give me a call to discuss.

646-725-1456
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Feel free to call me. I have 18 years experience in Inwood. I know which co-ops are investor friendly. Isaac 917.733.6686
Flag Sun Oct 6, 2013