KMB, Other/Just Looking in 94582

Looking for Castro Valley neighborhoods bordering San Ramon....

Asked by KMB, 94582 Tue Feb 23, 2010

We are interested in possibly moving to San Ramon to be closer to work and family. We might also consider a Castro Valley area or neighborhood that is very close to San Ramon. We love the Greenridge/Cold Water neighborhood. Are there any other areas we should check into as well in Castro Valley that may also be closer to San Ramon? We currently live in San Leandro.

Answers

7
KMB,
All the areas that have been mentioned would be good options in Castro Valley. Have you considered Dublin as a possible option? Dublin is a great community and they ae doing a lot to the downtown. It is close to San Ramon and has some really cute neighborhoods both new and establised. I would be happy to send you some more information on it or you can check on our website too.
Erica

Erica Jones Starkey
Broker, Co-Founder
JSCA Real Estate Group
Providing Superior Solutions for Your Individual Real Estate Needs
Web Reference: http://www.jscarealty.com
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and offers of help. We will check into the neighborhoods mentioned in Castro Valley along with looking into San Ramon. Like anyone who is looking to purchase their next home, we want to find the best neighborhood possible, as we plan to stay there long term. This to us is just as important as finding the right house. Our priorities are different now. Our children are grown, so we don't really need to search for a good school district, or a family friendly street with lots of children, like we did the first time out many years ago. Still, location is key. Thank you all again, we will keep you in mind for sure.
Hi Again KMB...

It was great to see Tim answer your question below. I highly recommend Tim. Tim has been an agent for years and I would trust him with my personal Real Estate decisions.

Happy shopping.
KMB-
-As promised I looked into it. In Columbia there is a 2200 sq. ft. 4 bedroom 2 bath home on a 10,000 sq. ft. lot. This home has a 3 car garage, r.v. parking, spa, deck and views of the bay. Asking price:685,000.
-There is another home in Columbia that is also 2200 sq. ft. 4 bed 2 bath on a 13,000 sq. ft. lot. 699,000.
-As far as 5 Canyons there is a 3500 sq. ft. 5 bed 3 bath on a 6200 sq. ft. lot. 800,000.
-On Crow Canyon Road there is a 3400 sq. ft. cusom built home with 5 bedrooms 4 bath on a 10,000 sq. ft lot built in yr. 2000 with guest house, hard wood floors, granite, and wet bar. Asking price:813,000.
I did this search based on your question. You had mentioned Greenridge/Briaridge. In this area this is what came up. Please feel free to contact me. I actaully live in San Leandro but grew up in Castro Valley.
Hard Work and Honesty,
Jesse Crum Realtor Dre#01867111
Windermere Welcome Home
Direct anytime: 510-604-1112 emial:jessec57@rocketmail.com
I have always been a fan of Columbia in Castro Valley. Commmunity pool with hot tubs, and basketball court in this park like setting. Columbia has that small community warm feel. During Christmas most people go all out with decorations including Disney characters. Also it's close to Cull Canyon which is a public swim hole with diving boards and picnic area. Columbia is near Canyon Midddle School and Crow Canyon Road for that 10 minute drive to San Ramon. Most of these homes have interesting floor plans as well with a touch of luxory. I know there was one on the market over this past weekend that seemed nice. I will check again and repost shortly.
Hi KMB,

If you like the Greenridge/Cold Water area very near is Briar Ridge and Columbia. Both are great areas with homes built in the 80"s that have respectable lot sizes. I currently live in Briar Ridge and the drive to San Ramon is very easy. If you would like more details feel free to call or send and email.

Hope this helps!

Tim Ambrose
REALTOR
Windermere Welcome Home
Castro Valley
510-258-8909
Depending on your price range you may also want to look at Five Canyons and Palomares Hills in Castro Valley. Both these areas are excellent with very good schools. Both the areas are close to 580 freeway, and not too far from 880 and 92 freeways. Five Canyons was built by Centex homes and Palomares Hills by Shapel Homes.

If you need more information on the neighborhoods, schools or anything else, you can call me at 510-279-9580. I have sold many homes in these areas.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
510-279-9580