Property Q&A in Buda>Question Details

More Land Pl…, Home Buyer in Buda, TX

Looking at 3 houses in Buda oxbow trails asking prices $220k & $350k. Looked at both no real comps in area how do you get such a range both pre

Asked by More Land Please, Buda, TX Mon Sep 20, 2010

80's Only comp was late 90's build with so much new construction how you determine a fair market value ?

Answers

4
There are plenty of large lot comps to look at in that area in that price range. Happy to help.
Hi More Land Please, if you want some land but not too much (2+/- acres), an old time charm and like a well-established neighborhood then Oxbow is a great place to call home. However I cannot see that there are active listings on the market. So, if you may, share with me your info please. About the pricing for Oxbow, the last known sold record was on 10/25/07 that sold at $316K ($134.35 SF) and the previous sold record was shown on 7/10/06 that was sold at $ 247K ($123.01 SF). Even though our overall economy is not encouraging, Hays Country is experiencing continuing growth particularly in the Buda/Kyle area, along IH-35 corridor. The asking prices between $220K and $350K are well inside the ballpark.

The "fair market value" is from the recorded sold price in the history (what a buyer will pay for the type of the property). There is no way to compare apple from orange. You will need to decide what will make you and your family happy and what your next home would be then you will have to make a choice between the size of the lot, the year built, the construction quality, and potential return value of your investment. I am sure there are other important components that are important to you. You will just have to figure out what they are and put down on a piece of paper so that you can see a clearer picture of a sound comparison particularly when you are comparing new and old properties.

Hope my lengthy response is helpful. Good luck to your search.

Judy Carey
AmanVerde Real Estate
Tel: (512) 847-0180
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
These are older homes in oxbow trl not new builds I think the comps are not there to support the 350k price. I am just doing some research and will start interviewing representation soon.
Are you looking at new homes from a builder? You can ask the builder for their comps and see what other builders are selling for in the area.
Your agent should be able to get this info for you.
Let me know if you do not have an agent and would like some help.
Jeff Kessler,Broker, ABR,GRI