Property Q&A in 22315>Question Details

Chazj2, Other/Just Looking in 22315

Locating an absentee condo owner How would I find an absentee condo owner? I live in Fairfax County, Virginia and the tenants living in the condo

Asked by Chazj2, 22315 Sun Nov 8, 2009

one level above me caused water damage to my condo. I checked on the Fairfax County’s property records Web site to find the owner’s name. I tried forwarding a letter to the owner by sending it the property’s address, but I’ve gotten no response. The renters are uncooperative about giving me any info on the owners. The condo association is not proving helpful, so tracking down the owners so I can collect my damages is basically on me. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


Damage to one condo can lead to damage to another. The Association should be helpful in forwarding the info to the owner by phone and for sure by mail. I would contact the Head of the Association, as stated below, and explain the sitatuion and ask him/her to find out the contact info from the management company and to make the call for you on the behalf of the homeowners association. You can also go to a Board Meeting. They are held monthly and bring this to the attention of the board and get help there. Also, call the management company and speak to someone in charge. Explain the situation and ask him/her to contact the owner on your behalf. However, keep in mind the owner certainly doesn't have to contact you or respond to you. So you may need to have an attorney write a letter for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009
You can look up the address on the Fairfax County Tax record site. Sometimes the forwarding address for the Owner is provided there, if the owner provided it to the county. the link is below. You say you spoke with your condo management. I can understand why for privacy reasons they will not give you the contact info for the other owner but perhaps you can just ask them to mail something to that owner on your behalf or call that owner and tell him/her that you have an issue.
Good luck
Kathy Stark
Weichert, Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009
You need to push your condo association - that's what they are there for!!! Call the management office and explain the situaiton. Is there a president of your board? Where is your condo located? I wil see what I can find. Can you send me the property address? Sorry for your troubles!!
Nicky McDonnell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009
Looks like a qs. to a real estate attorney.
U should atleast consult one.
Ramesh Chandra
703 635 8209
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer