Property Q&A in 11510>Question Details

Farok1978, Home Owner in New York

Late Fees for Condo

Asked by Farok1978, New York Mon Apr 23, 2012

I own a Condo in NY. The Condo is managed by a Managing Company. I have paid my Condo fees always on time. I always send my payment several days before the due day to the P.O. Box which belongs to the Managing company. However, I have received a monthly bill indicating I have to pay la late fee. I have tried to call and send several E-Mails to the Managing company. They have not responded. But my next bill has even more late fees. Can I create an escrow account and deposit my monthly fee there until they response to my inquiry?

Answers

2
Unfortunately this is something that needs to be handled directly with management; Rather than mailing your payment several days before the due date, maybe consider mailing a bit earlier...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Perhaps the condo is receiving the monthly payments later than you think they are. One suggestion might be to try sending your payment certified, return receipted so that you get a signature and know exactly when the payment is actually received by the office. If necessary, you might have to send the mail out earlier to assure delivery on time.

Other than calling and emailing - have you tried to FAX a letter to management? This also might generate a response from the company.

Unfortunately, this situation does need to be addressed directly with the management company.

Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Assoc. Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
(516)410-3594
(516)621-6300 x 205
Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com