Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

La Tricia Br…, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Just looking for the real estate agent for this property.

Asked by La Tricia Bradshaw, Austin, TX Tue Nov 17, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1081827777-15004-Arizona-Oak-…

Answers

4
La Tricia,
The property of interest to you on Arizona is a HUD listing. You will need a registered HUD Realtor to submit a bid on this home -- electronically. I suggest you find an agent registered with HUD to review the listing and the standard HUD inspection report on the home before proceeding. Please know that if you choose to bid on the home you will have to submit the $1,000 in Earnest Money, even if you apply for the 0 down (with a full-price) offer. If you are the highest bidder I highly recommend going through the formal inspection process -- which means having the utilities turned on for a 48-hour period under your name. A HUD purchase can mean a wonderful opportunity -- just know there are some nuances in the process that are not typical of a home purchase. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions. I am happy to help in any way. Anne@hookemhomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.hookemhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 17, 2009
La Tricia,
Congradulations on deciding to buy a home. It is an exciting time wether it is a first home or your 5th purchase. Best of luck. The best websites that you have asccess to are usually at a minimum of 2-3 days old and many are weeks or even months old.
You might ask what is the problem with 2-3 day old information, right? Well especially when looking at HUD & general foreclosures the ones that are reasonable often have contrafts in a matter of days. HUD homes bids need to be in within 10 days. Contrary to what the news makes you think, the market in Austin is flat out HOT in the price range below $150K!
Right now in the Austin Metro about 3% of the homes listed for sale are foreclosures but about 13% of the homes actually "SOLD" are foreclosures. So as you see there isd a lot of competition for these great deals.

Contact me directly if you'd like an agent to work for you in finding a great home at a price you like.

Bill Austin ~ 512-709-6343 ~ baustin.realtor@gmail.com
Hello La Tricia,

I am authorized to show HUD homes in the Austin area so if you would like any additional information please let me know. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams and a mortgage broker so I can also help you with conventional financing if necessary. I do not charge a fee for my Real Estate clients when I am representing them as their Realtor and their mortgage broker. This will reduce your overall closing costs. Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have.

Don Groff
Realtor | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams | 360 Lending Group
512.633.4157
I am not the listing agent but I am a licensed Realtor and can provide you with information on the property.

Be cautious as a buyer when talking with sellers agents. The listing agents have signed agreements to represent the seller. They will talk with you but their fiduciary duty is to their seller which means they work to get the contract terms in favor of their client. It is not in your best interest to work with the listing agent on a home you are interested in purchasing. To protect your interest and have someone work for you, you should enter into a buyers representation agreement with your own real estate agent. This agreement legally binds that agent to work solely on your behalf to get you the best possible terms and keep your confidentiality.

Teresa Scott
tscott@goldwasserrealestate.com