Property Q&A in Van Nuys>Question Details

reenk03, Home Buyer in Van Nuys, CA

It has been 2 yrs searchng for homes. Agents called but none willing to show the properties. Are they willing to assist esp to first time home buyer??

Asked by reenk03, Van Nuys, CA Sun Sep 16, 2012

Answers

2
Hi, right now I'm in the Chicago area for the next few weeks, otherwise I'd probably line up a few to show you and spend a little time with you. But let me help you get a perspective as to why you're probably not getting the help you need. It's the 2 years of searching without buying a home, especially if you have worked with more than one agent.

Agents and brokers don't get paid if they don't close a sale, but they have expenses especially in the gas they use to show houses. But more importantly if they spend the day working with someone who is not likely to buy then they might miss out on working with someone who is.

My suggestion to you is to work with one agent, and you'll probably want to find someone who is fairly new to the business but has a very good broker who can compensate for their relative inexperience. A new agent might be willing to work with you to gain the experience and to start to build a referral base. Be very upfront with the agent about what you are really looking for and how long you've been looking, and do everything you can to respect the agent's time and be cognizant of the fact that until escrow actually closes that agent doesn't make a cent for all the time he or she is spending with you. In other words, eliminate houses you just don't want and focus on having him or her show you houses that you are willing and ready to buy, but do all that you can to make that decision ahead of time before you see the inside. And most important, if that agent has been helping you, do not let another agent slip in and get your business. If he or she has been doing a good job for you and has been patient be sure to stay loyal to them and let a competing agent know that you are already represented. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
I THINK YOU MISSED MY POINT!
Flag Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi there,
Here is my advice. Find an agent to work with and get prequalified to purchase a home. Then when your agent shows you a property you like, you will be ready to move forward. When you have an agent you trust, he/she will work for you to find you the right home at the right price. We are in a very competitive market, with very low inventory of homes. There are still programs out there to help first time home buyers, and your agent should know about them. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Liliana Alfonso
Rodeo Realty
12345 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
liliana2sell@gmail.com
818-414-0396 cell
818-761-7277 fax
http://www.liliana4realestate.com
DRE # 01759367
Thank you for your advice. I like some of the properties, but when I requested for showing, none responded me. So I'm not sure if they are willing to help. Sometimes they rushed me to get old property which I disagreed. From that day onwards, I didn't hear from them till today. How disappointed esp when I have been home searching for 2yrs! *__*
Flag Sun Sep 16, 2012