Property Q&A in Highlands>Question Details

carladd76, Home Buyer in Highlands, NJ

Is this still available?

Asked by carladd76, Highlands, NJ Thu Mar 15, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1059525542-12-2nd-St-Highland…

Answers

3
The property is still available. FYI, the assessed value of the property is very close to the asking price which may be a realistic price given that Highlands completed their tax revaluation about a year ago. Short sales are not for everyone and it's important that you understand the process, what a realistic time frame might be (based on what the bank's involvement has been thus far), and the general pros/cons of going that route.

I'm familiar with that block having sold a house there about a year and a half ago. It's located close to the Highlands police department and boro hall. It has a larger lot than many of the surrounding properties.

The home I sold was about the same size but on a smaller lot; it may not have been as updated as this one. That was a bank-owned property and sold for $150,000.

If you have further interest in this house or questions about the short sale process, please let me know. I'm glad to help.

Thomas McCormack
Broker
Resources Real Estate
732-212-0440
I am not familiar on how a short sale would work.
Flag Fri Mar 16, 2012
Yes, it is still available, but I highly doublt it will sell for that price. Unless a property is "bank approved" on a "short sale" the list price means nothing. This would be a very convuluted transaction.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931 (Cell/Direct)
Yes, it is. Do know that it's a short sale. If you'd like more info, you can contact me.

732/740-8888 (m)
jeraldgoldstein@realtyexecutives.com