rcmosier, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

Is this rental valid? It seems like a lot for the price per month.

Asked by rcmosier, Raleigh, NC Mon Jul 1, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3123688822-6617-Quiet-Cove-Ct-R…

Answers

1
It is NOT listed on the MLS and I can tell you there have been some rental scams going on recently. You'll contact the 'landlord' or owner and the first thing is they ask for is your social security number so they can 'qualify' you. This was going on pretty heavy on Craigslist. My daughter got all excited about a rental near NC State for only $400/month. She was asked for SS# but she asked him if it would be OK if her father (me) who was a licensed Realtor could show her the property first. Guy said NO and hung up on her. I tried calling and all I got was a busy signal.

Other similar properties as seen next to this one are higher. Note that there is NO contact name or Phone number for this listing and that Trulia is even putting warning notices about rental scams in the display area. It could be ligit but I doubt it.

If looking for a rental, contact a Realtor in the area or there are several reputable property management companies here as well. If I can be of help to you, please ask.

Ernie