Property Q&A in Seattle>Question Details

Cfhollandaia, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

Is this property still available?

Asked by Cfhollandaia, Seattle, WA Sun Aug 7, 2011

if so, please forward any info.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3001139635-2401-N-Northlake-W…

Answers

5
Good morning,

This is available and is located on the dock at my office in Seattle Marina. We liveaboard in this marina as well and are the lake houseboat vessel specialist. The houseboat is named "The Ark" and and easy show with notice to the renter. I am not the listing agent and happy to show anytime with notice.

It actually had two offers a couple months ago, one financing failed and the other unknown, was not my buyer.

This houseboat has a current Survey (inspection and valuation) and Dive report from the previous buyers. It is an operating boat with two 135 horse power Mercruiser gas inboard engines, a fishing hatch in the living room floor, large open salon, galley, 2 bedrooms w/built in beds, 1.5 bathrooms with electris marine macerator toilets (one new) all on the main level. The pilot house also used as an office by the owner when aboard. It has a huge upper deck for, out door heated shower, diesel forced air furnace. This boat has steel pontoon hulls with lots of storage space, 55 gallon black water tank.

The demensions are aprox. 55' X 16' and is in the summer slip at the end of the dock, which is an 80 foot slip. The marina charges $11.00 per foot for the boat or slip, which ever is greater, so $880 per month. You could leave it in the winter slip which has amazing views at $550 per month and the walk way is covered, nice for winters.

Other costs are if you are living aboard full time most of the marinas charge a liveaboard fee and this one is $150 per month. Electricity is very low averaging $25.00 per month. Propane and Black water waste will depend on usage, but anticipate about $80.00 per month. A large expense will be insurance at $2,500 to $3,000 annually.

When you buy a houseboat vessel buyer pays sales tax, yes 9.5% at purchase, be prepared!

Financing is currently not available for houseboats and barges, however we do expect to have it back in place in 2013. The lenders are awaiting the outcome of the Shoreline Management changes, an entirely different subject in my other blogs or on my website http://www.specialagentsrealty.com. Remember Floating homes are NOT houseboats, that is just there nick name and floating homes do have financing, so let me know if you need referrals for FH lenders.

Typically the down payment is 25% of purchase price for houseboats and a bit higher interest rates. Most of our sellers are aware financing is not available and WILL do seller financing with similar lender terms and do want to be cashed out once financing is back in place.

You can read a "Houseboat Buying Guide" on www,spewcialagentsrealty.com, email me if you want to see the houseboat and we will get you aboard. It is critical that you use an expert in houseboat sales and we are the experts. Kevin and Linda Bagley Special Agents Realty.

We will be filming an HGTV Houesboat hunters segment this week the 10th through 14th, but can be available to show the Ark. Our office is on the Arks dock, so easy access.

Linda M. Bagley
206-419-0065
Linda@Specialagents.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 7, 2011
Wow, I think Linda got you all the information you needed so if you have the cash, give her a call, or any one of us sop we can go show it to you.If you do not have the cash, & you are in the market for something else, you might want you get your own buyers agent so they can research everything for you & help you with everything you need.,

I would suggest that as a buyer, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. This will take you a little while to do, but will be time well spent, as choosing the right agent is the first step towards choosing the right home. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon.
Yes, this property is still available
Yes, this is still available. My email add is psachdeva@hotmail.com. Send me an email so I can forward any info you would need..:) There are more available also.
Yes, it is still available. It went 'pending inspection' last month, but is back on the market. There is a tenant, so you'll need to work with an agent to see the property and ensure you give enough notice for a showing, per current tenant laws.