Property Q&A in Northwest>Question Details

April, Other/Just Looking in Ballentine Place, No...

Is this price for an existing home or is this "to be built"? Does the price include the land?

Asked by April, Ballentine Place, Norfolk, VA Fri Jul 6, 2012

This question is about this property:…

That home is already built. That is a Detached Condo. Condos are not a kind of construction. Condos are a kind of ownership. The land is not "extra." In a detached condo, you do not own the land under your condo in an "exclusive" manner as you would with a normal single family home. The condo association, of which you would be a member, owns the land.

As with all Condos, there is a Condo Fee. On that home, it is an extra $148 per month. What do you "get" for that $148/mo? That depends on how the Condo Assoc is designed. That is revealed in what we call the Condo Docs. (I have seen SOME detached condos, not necessarily this one, include water, sewer, ground maintenance, and Cox phone and internet bundle. You can't tell until you read the Condo Docs.)

If you are not already working with an agent to represent you as a Buyer, I would recommend it. A Buyer's Agent is paid from the Co-broker commission, which is a portion of the total commission that the seller is paying. So the Seller is paying a Buyer's Agent to bring them a ready, willing and able buyer, and to take them through the entire process of buying a home. The Seller knows that the Buyer's Agent has no loyalty to them, and is strictly working for YOU.

The process, for you, is infinitely easier because, in this case, had I been your Buyer Agent, you would have simply told me the address or MLS number, and I would have been busy answering your quuestions. Actually, I would have explained all of what you are asking about prior to out looking at any homes.

Let me know if I can assist you.
Jonathan O'Connor
Willaim E Wood and Associates
This is a current inventory home which means it is ready for a quick move in. I would be happy to make arrangements for you to see this home at your convenience. It is a condo ownership so you do not actually own the land. Give me a call so we can discuss.

Nelene Gibbs
757 672-3232