Property Q&A in La Quinta>Question Details

Shirley, Other/Just Looking in 92210

Is this house a short sale?

Asked by Shirley, 92210 Tue Jul 31, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3091420587-79090-Shadow-Trl-L…

Answers

6
Yes, this is a short sale. The issue with this is the Trustees Sale date is in less than 2 weeks. That means there's no time to waste if you're seriously interested in it. Contact a local Realtor, like one of the previous Realtors below and see about getting the process started. An offer may help delay the sale and get you the house but you have to act quickly.

Also, just in case you're thinking about waiting till after the sale and trying to buy it as a repo, I suggest you move now. Once it gets sold at the Trustees Sale, it could take several months or more before it comes out on the market. And interest rates and home prices could rise even more as they have been. Good luck!
Robin and Wendy are correct in that it is a short sale and very close to trustee sale. This means quick action is required if you want to make an offer. If the property goes to trustee sale, the bank usually buys it back and in a month or two it will be back on the market as an REO. In the past I advised clients to avoid the uncertainty and time involved in a short sales and focus on bank owned properties, but in reccent years a buyer's patience stands a much better chance of being rewarded.
In fact, with REO inventory half what it was this time last year, there is increasing competition for short sales and it is not unusual for there to be multiple offers.

If you are not familier with the foreclosure process in California see the link for more information.
Yes, this property is a short sale. However, the Trustee's sale is set for Aug 13th so if you're interested there may still be time to get an offer in that will postpone the sale. The property has been vacant since it was built in 2006, so it needs some TLC (cleaning).

Beautiful stainless refrigerator, built-in microwave, double oven, wine refrigerator and dishwasher. Granite countertops with backsplash, stained 'Soft Maple' cabinets with generous storage. The master bathroom has stained 'Soft Maple' cabinets and travertine counter tops. Large walk-in closet! 4 bedrooms in main house and detached casita in rear yard. Large covered patio and room for a pool on this over 10,000 sq ft lot.

Call me at 760-218-6893 if you're interested in this or other properties.
Hi Shirley-
Yes it is a short sale and it has a notice of default on it. Are you in the area? If you'd like to see it, or get more information, email me at RGrant@HKLane.com.
Take care-
I have sold several homes in Desert Cove and will be happy to answer your questions. Please call me at 760-610-9282 or email me at Broker@LanceFrank.com. Thanks!
Yes, it is a short sale. It's not my listing but I often represent Buyers only in real estate transactions. I will give you the Comparative Market Analysis of all the homes that have sold in Desert Cove, and give you the property history via title reports. It really looks like a great deal and if you would like to see it please contact me and I can arrange a showing. You will need to move quickly on this since the Trustee's Sale is set for August 13! It's been vacant since it was built, so it needs some cleaning. It's never been lived in. Has beautiful stainless fridge, built-in microwave, double over, wine refridgerator and dishwasher. Granite counters with backsplash, maple cabinets, large walk-in clset. 4 bedrooms and a detached casita in the rear yard, so that's 5 bedrooms total. Large covered patio and room for a pool on an over-sized 10,000 sq ft lot! Great location, too: close to Old Town La Quinta with its restaurants, boutiques, wine bar and gallery and more. This one looks like a steal! The best way to reach me is by calling me on my cell 760-587-6009! Or you can e-mail me at wendysdesert@gmail.com
My license number is 01755015 and website: http://www.wendysdesertrealestate.com