Property Q&A in Toms River>Question Details

Sandy Wentzel, Renter in Toms River, NJ

Is this home still available?

Asked by Sandy Wentzel, Toms River, NJ Mon Jan 21, 2013

I can't find the postlet. I was very interested in this home to rent. It would be perfect for my family and the same school district my son is in already. If still available, please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your time.
Sandra Wentzel
848-448-4469

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3106401876-909-Yellowbank-Rd-87…

Answers

2
The house was listed for sale for NOT for rent, the scammer took the agents pictures and posted as a rental. He will try to collect a deposit from a renter and then they will never hear back from him again. Sometimes they even break into the house to meet inside. Rosemarie is correct, when you see homes "renting" for far less than the going rate it is usually a scam.
Thanks Ron, we can always count on you for solid information on properties in the area. Too bad there are so many scammers, one more reason to get in touch with an experianced local agent rather than thinking you will save $$$ by trying to do things on your own. There are too many crazy people out there, landlords and tenants alike.
Fiona& Tony Barone w/ Remax send our thanks and appreciation!!!!
Flag Sun Jan 27, 2013
Hi Sandra: I find no proof that this home was ever listed for rent on the MLS. It is currently listed for sale under MLS #21300788.(http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/ListitLib/show_report.a…) Also the rental ad lists Cecelia Crosson as the agent,. This is the name of the deceased homeowner. Another red flag is the rental price of only $1200. A house like this would be over $1600 in the Toms River market. I believe that the postlet was a fake rental by scammers that has been removed.