Property Q&A in Gateway West>Question Details

luve2praise7, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Is this home for sale?

Asked by luve2praise7, Sacramento, CA Tue Aug 7, 2012

I went to the home yesterday and there were some people there who said they were the owners and they were renting it out for $1500/month.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Sacramento/sold/55893…

Answers

3
It's best to work with a realtor to give you the real story on a home. As the others have mentioned, some homeowners, who are facing foreclosure, rent their homes out while the home is going through the foreclosure process. That may or may not be okay, depending on if they have told the new tenants the reality of the situation.

I am not discussing the law here, just saying from a practical standpoint, I would encourage all would-be tenants to check whether the home is in foreclosure before moving in. In addition, I might add something in the lease contract stating the landlord's intention to keep the mortgage current of inform the tenant of any lapse in payments. it's terrible to find out by getting a knock on the door....

If you are looking at buying, rather than renting, it's best, again, to work with a realtor who can tell you which homes are legitimately for sale.
Public records show a notice of default was filed aprx 1 month ago and if the owners
do nothing to bring it current the bank could take the property in just under 3 months.
I would be cautious about renting if owner cannot show they are current on their loan
or you are looking at moving again soon! Owners are Castillo, so if you are not dealing
with them, another red flag. Lots of people out to make quick money at other's expense
so do be careful.
Which property are you referring to? 2016 G Street?
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
The homes isn't currently for sale.

Looks like it is starting the foreclosure process, a notice of default has been filed. The completed foreclosure can take some time.

I would be careful if you were thinking about renting this place.

Let me know if you are looking for homes to purchase.

Joseph Drew
916-396-1733
http://www.dickeydrewhomesales.com