Property Q&A in Saint Louis>Question Details

, Other/Just Looking in

Is this complex FHA approved?

Asked by , Tue Oct 30, 2012

This question was asked from this property:…

The condo complex is on the approved HUD list

The condo is advertised "as is" because the owner has moved out of the area due to a job change, plus he is advertising it for sale at a much lower price point then what he paid for it. During the 6.5 years he lived in it, he appears to have maintained it and he put on a new garage door, updated the master bath and did a few other things to the condo. Unless there are other issues that he is not disclosing on his sellers disclosure, I am not seeing anything that would be of concern with getting an FHA approval.

The condo complex is legally in the city of Chesterfield, even though it has a Creve Coeur zip code. Chesterfield does not have a municipal occupancy inspection so a buyer would be able to move in right away without worrrying about that inspection

Have you driven by the complex? I would suggest that you do so. It is VERY conveniently located to a lot of things, however, it is very close to where the new 141 expansion just went in. This particular condo does not appear to back or side to 141, but you should be aware of it. It's a very nice complex with nicely sized condos.

My office is only a couple minutes away from this complex, so please let me know if you would like to visit it.
I work with condominiums. It looks as if it is fha approved. You can always check on a complexes status at if you'd like to give me a call I am happy to discuss this one and see if I can't help you get what you are wanting. I can be reached at 314-504-7903. Have a great day!
only because it is a as-is sale means we would have to use a special contract. as long as it will pass a fha inspection, then you can get a fha loan. Because the owner says it's move in ready, may indicate it's in good conditioin and may pass the inspection.
Good morning, per the listing agent, it does appear this complex is FHA approved. Please let me know if you would like to take a look at it or if you would like to know about other FHA approved condos in the area.

Have a great day.

Dave Tedoni
RE/MAX Results