Ms. Briggs, Renter in New York, NY

Is this apartment still available?

Asked by Ms. Briggs, New York, NY Tue Apr 2, 2013

I live in the area and would love to check out the apartment or one simular

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3113560565-660-Riverside-Dr-New…

Answers

4
Keep in mind that scams do exist and you may have stumbled upon one; for scam related information see link http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
My pleasure, all the best to you!
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
thank you VERY much. I have been wondering about this place and why I have yet to receive a reply
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Thanks I contacted Trulia and reported the listing
Probably a bait and switch. BTW, if you followed the link there is a link to the agents posting. His name and contact information is there. This apartment is indeed too good to be true but did you take the time to look at it at all?
yes I did. and actually, if it is being subleased its not too good to be true. I live in this area and some of the older tenants payround1,000-1,500 for 5 bedroom co-ops. I know it will be hard, but I work hard for my money and will make every penny count. thanks for your input
Flag Wed Apr 3, 2013
No name of agent or owner and a price too good to be true.......yes, scam. I have a rental on 700 Riverside Drive for $2650. Unfortunately, $800 is not a realistic budget anymore in NY City and I flagged the listing. It's a problem that Trulia doesn't filter these listings. It could be done very simple like in streeteasy were you cannot post a listing if you aren't the exclusive agent.
my neighbor building is going for that same price range for a one bedroom as well. but the subleased apartment I am renting is less than half of that and more than double the size. I hate that I have to leave but ive been spoiled and refuse to pay those prices
Flag Wed Apr 3, 2013