LBates2000, Renter in Kirkland, WA

Is this a single room in a 4 bedroom house? It doesn't seem likely that a house like this would go for a $1000 a month.

Asked by LBates2000, Kirkland, WA Tue Sep 10, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3130977617-1218-108th-Ave-SE-Be…

Answers

4
Stacey Lange’s answer
Here is a great link with information about spotting rental scams on the internet, along with a link to Bellevue and NW Rentals (all of which are listed by licensed agents) - You can break down your search by city, price and size:

http://www.betterseattlehomes.com/blog/find-a-rental-home-in…
LBates,
Good instincts. I followed the source of the listing and it's already been taken down. It will take longer for Trulia to remove it. Scams are prevalent on sites that are open to the public. I've had listings cloned like this and posted on Craigslist where this may have started. Please be careful and if it looks too good to be true, it's likely not.
One option to consider is having an agent find you a rental. We did this years ago and found some options that weren't available elsewhere and there is no fee. As an agent, when I search NWMLS I know I'm dealing with another licensed agent who represents an actual owner.
Any licensed agent/broker can help you. Some focus on this as a primary business, to me it's a secondary one. Best of luck and good job.
You are correct in your comments...I did check the MLS and can't find any rental with that address...besides the pictures look more like a condo/apartment than a house...glad you questioned this...:)

This home is actually listed for sale. I just spoke to the listing agent who confirmed that the sellers are not trying to rent the home, nor are they renting out a single room in the home. This is a scam...you were right to question it. If you contacted whoever posted this, they would most likely try to collect money from you just to see the property only to never show up, or something along those lines.