Property Q&A in Portland>Question Details

Colin, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is this a nice area?

Asked by Colin, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 19, 2011

Would you want to live here?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3056104940-13865-NW-Greenwood…

Answers

12
Hi Colin . . .

Sorry I'm a little late to the party,

I see you're in San Francisco and I'm taking a guess but . . . are you relocating to the area? There's a lot of nice areas (locations) in the Portland Metro market. This is one of them.

The next question would be "is this property priced correctly?" LOL As an Exclusive Buyers Agent I work with buyers, well . . . exclusively. While we focus on location, true enough, I'm also looking at condition of the property while taking into consideration the current market pricing trends and a lot of other factors in determining viability of a property.

Without actually touring the property and only reading what you're seeing (from the listing sheet), I'm going to answer your question "Would you want to live here?" with a resounding . . . Who knows??

Trust me, there's a lot of properties that look good in photos but up front and personal . . . another story. And I've see A LOT of nice looking photos. Kinda like blind dating . . . (and that's not to belittle this listing, it does look very nice, and it does read well).

Let me know if you want me to do a "recon" :-) Be happy to do so.

I wrote the below blog post in May this year . . . it seemed appropriate to link.

Carla Muss-Jacobs, Principal Broker/Owner
EBA Portland, LLC
This is a fantastic area with good schools and very convenient to most freeways. I have lived/worked in Forest Heights for over 10 years which is nearby this home. Forest Heights has one of the best school districts on the West side. We have miles of forested trails, a village center you can walk to (Starbucks, pizza etc) and a private mini bus to grocery and direct Max lines to downtown. If you want to hear more about my neighborhood or others please feel free to contact me. Have a great day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 19, 2011
Yes, this is a very nice area in NW Portland, in the Beaverton School District and Washington County. You have good freeway access to downtown Portland, as well. The house looks beautiful. I would personally be happy to live there! Hope this helps, and if you need any help with this listing or any others, I would happily be available to assist you.
I live in and specialize in the Rock Creek/Bethany area and it has many amenities to offer the homeowner.

Some of the best schools in the metro area.

Close to high tech, shopping, restaurants, golf and freeway access

Lots of newer homes and well maintained older homes.

Some parts boarder farm and forest land.

So based on my partial opinion I would say that it is nice. This particular home is in a great development that I just toured today. I can send you more information and you can have access to my MLS data base if you send me your email address.

http://www.quality-real-estate-service.com/portlandwestsideh…

http://www.quality-real-estate-service.com/RockCreek.aspx

Kevin Sucher
Principal Broker
503-214-4139
ksucher@prunw.com
Hi Colin:

"Nice" can be so subjective. However, the Bethany area is very family-oriented and home owners tend to take very good care of their properties. It is very suburban although it is a typically quick and easy commute to downtown Portland as well as all other directions. There are numerous amenities in and very near the Bethany neighborhood including parks, very good schools, restaurants, gyms, specialty stores, etc.

Appreciatively,

Patrick

Patrick R. Smith, MBA, EcoBroker Certified
Oregon Realty Company
4001 NE Halsey Street, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97232
Direct: 503-421-3824
patricksmith@oregonrealty.com
This NW Portland/Washington Co/Bethany area is very family-oriented. Near Intel and the hi-tech corridor.
Web Reference: http://fabulousportland.com
Colin,

What are you looking for? What do you like to do?

Portland has great neighborhoods that coincide with various lifestyles. For example, the Eastside has many affordable areas that have molded into Hipster paradises: Mississippi and Alberta Streets in NE; Belmont and Hawthorne Streets directly East of downtown; Woodstock and Sellwood in SE, are all popular with young adults, artisans and families. These pockets consist of 1920s Craftsman style and 1940-1960s Ranch style homes in the $200-400s price ranges.

The West Hills looking down on the city are priced high and consist of old Portland charm and some modern flare mixed in for good measure. NW 23rd is a popular spot for coffee, dining and small business owners - comfortable lifestyle with a 10-minute streetcar into downtown. This trolley passes through one of Portland's favorite neighborhoods: The Pearl District, $300 and skyward for condos. This area consists of Soho style condo buildings, converted old brick warehouses, stylish bars and restaurants, and caters nicely for Us urban dwellers. Raleigh Hills, Arlington Heights and Forest Park are all incredible for people who love the outdoors, good schools and can swallow a $450-750s and up price tag - for single family homes.

This is an amazing city to live in and let me know if you would like help in finding a great place.

Hope that helped, Galen
Hi!
The area where this home is located is nice! It's conviently located close to downtown Portland. Would I live their? Honestly, I'm not big on the westside of Portland due to the traffic. However, where this particular home is located I could handle it. It's located in an area where you have more options than I-5 in getting to downtown and the eastside of town.
Hi Colin,
"Nice area" is a personal opinion in most cases, but it's very popular. It's definitely a newer area, having been built up in the last 30 years as compared with the other side of the Willametter River which was mostly built up in the first half of the 20th century, so if that's your taste you'll like it. It's conveniently located close to high tech jobs, freeways and downtown, and surrounded by world-class shopping. There are many ways to "look around" a neighborhood online, and a Realtor like myself would be happy to help you if you need it. I would start with google maps to see where it is in the subdivision and what the homes are like around it. Trulia can help you with home sales in the area, to determine if its a place where people are buying and what the trends are in the pricing of the neighborhood.
I would be happy to help you. You can also anonymously search my website below, for free. You can pinpoint specific neighborhoods and see what's for sale. Looking at a variety of homes in one neighborhood can tell you alot about it.
I'm from the San Francisco bay area, in fact I was born in San Francisco! and I'm a "califoregonian" if you know what I mean. I've helped many people relocate with my knowledge of the Portland metro neighborhoods and if you tell me what you like, I can tell you where you'll find those types of neighborhoods.
In the meantime, if you're planning a move to Portland, I wish you well and hope that you love it here, as it's a fantastic place to live! (so are many areas of California too, don't get me wrong!)
My best to you
Marge
The Bethany area of NW Portland is lovely. Close to the beautiful drive of Skyline. Within 10 minutes of Downtown Portland. Lovely forested areas and mom-and-pop style restaurants scattered around. Check out this detailed map of that home and local area: http://tinyurl.com/43qqmog

Here are many other great Portland neighborhoods to browse around: http://relocationtoportland.com/portland-neighborhoods/
this is a nice area on the "west side" convenient to just about everything and a good schoold district.
There are many popular areas to live in the Portland Metropolitan Area. The area where this particular home is located is especially known for its schools, as noted in the listing. Many of the homes are newer, as is this one, which was built in 2000. The location is sought after by many who work in the high tech corridor of Portland, as well.