mjthomas1, Other/Just Looking in Marriottsville, MD

Is this a 55 community?

Asked by mjthomas1, Marriottsville, MD Wed Apr 18, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1027606484-11194-Douglas-Ave-…

Answers

3
Yes, it is, and that's why the price is so attractive. The property was included with the Ellicott Meadows subdivision so they could build the current number of homes they have on the land. The home does not pay the condo fees, nor does it have access to the condo amenities at Ellicott Meadows.

I'm the listing agent on this home, and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have. Thanks!
So if my husband and I were on the title with my daughter and her husband could they live there?
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012
The answer.... yes & no. At least one person on title needs to be at least 55. Across the street is a 55+ community about 7 years old called Ellicott Meadows. Homes in there go for over $500k. This home has been for sale off and on for serveral years. In an earlier listing their was a mention of a discount on some of the Ellicott Meadows amenities.
This property is located on the Howard County side of Marriottsville. If you look just a few north to the Carroll County side of Marriottsville and Sykesville (21784) you'll find less expensive properties whether they are 55+ properties or not.
For more info http://www.MovetoCarroll.com
The listing information provided in the MRIS system says it is a 55+ community.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Why can't they put that in the listings on line. There does not seam to be any other 55+ houses around this one.
Flag Wed Apr 18, 2012