Bill Donahue, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Is there enough of a setback on this home to build a garage or at least a car-port? lot dimensions please?

Asked by Bill Donahue, Boston, MA Sun Jul 19, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1077915417-21072-Higgs-Dr-Por…

Answers

1
Mr. Donahue - this house went under contract on 5/18/2009 and had an expected closing date of 6/30/2009. Because of the fact that the house is being sold as a short sale I am not surprised that there has been a delay with the closing or there is a slim chance that the listing agent has yet to update the MLS record to show as sold. My guess is that there has been a delay as is the case with most Short Sales. To answer your question, no agent can tell you whether or not a garage or a carport could fit on this lot without the abiltiy to look at a certified survey and the specs of your proposed garage or carport. Even with a survey your question would be better asked to a plans examiner at Charlotte County Building Services. That is the only way to get a definitive answer to your question. My experience and just looking at an aerial view of the lot is that no you couldn't build a garage or carport as there would not be enough space on the side lot lines. The only way would be to re-convert what was a garage back into a garage.The lot size is according to the Charlotte County GIS website is 17,859 sq. ft. Dimensions are approx. 68 (road frontage) x 155 (down left lot line) x 153 (water frontage) x 134 (right lot line). I would be happy to send you a list of similar homes that are in the same price range for you to look at. Please feel free to contact me for a list or if you have any questions. By the way I'm not sure if you are a fan or not but I grew up in Connecticut and I am a die-hard Red Sox fan...have a great day...

Jason Stevens, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR
Real Estate Broker Associate
REOTrans Platinum Certified
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Cell - 941-662-0379
Email: jasonstevens@embarqmail.com
Home Office - 941-698-0973
Home Fax - 941-698-0973
Website: http://www.jasonestevens.com