Property Q&A in Atlanta>Question Details

Candace, Other/Just Looking in 83263

Is there any way I can get a rough idea of the floor plan? I am having the hardest time putting it together in my head using the pictures.

Asked by Candace, 83263 Mon Mar 7, 2011

it doesn't have to be exact, just a brief outline to get a feel before heading east to check out our options.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1080156859-4172-Club-Dr-NE-At…

Answers

7
Candace -

Redlink (appraisal data base) has it at 5750SF above grade with a basement of 2314SF of which 75% is reported finished - understand that those figures are from an appraiser but they will vary depending on measurement technique and accuracy. They are more accurate than tax records.

As noted, the home has expired without selling and that is probably due to the price and limited number of able and willing buyers at that price point now that you actually have to qualify to buy a home at that price.

A very very strong word of caution, $1M+ homes in Atlanta are not selling as they used to. While this appears to be an attractive home, the market is flooded with similar attractive homes. This home has already twisted on the market since May '09 through mid Feb '11, there is a reason for that. I cannot caution buyers enough that every purchase - but especially the 600K+ ones - must be regarded almost entirely as a business transaction. Any agent waltzing through the home blabbing about coffered ceilings and cabinet knobs while tossing "three comps" at you is either dumb, incapable of properly analyzing or purposefully avoiding the data.

I'm a certified appraiser as well as broker and the number of $1M homes that I've appraised that have been taken back by lenders would make your head explode. If that didn't then seeing the mortgages they carried vs the current appraised values would. Every purchase must be viewed with a heaping helping of data cut in as many ways as possible viewed from as many angles as possible, once that litmus test is complete then worry about knobs and ceilings. Failure to do that results in homes sitting, twisting and ultimately having an appraiser walking through asking themselves..."what were they thinking?"

Drop me a line if you'd like additional info on this home, the area or trends in Metro Atlanta for homes in this this or any price range. We're not splitting atoms here....

Hank Miller
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Keller Williams Atl North
678-428-8276
http://www.hrmiller.com
Web Reference: http://www.hrmiller.com
Previewing properties for you and helping you determine what homes are worthwhile considerations in advance so that your valuable time of home shopping is used wisely and enjoyable is something a good agent would do if you were there client. If you are asking agents to drive around and preview properties for you spending time and money and providing real estate service without you making a commitment in return to use them as an agent and get paid for that valuable service, I would think that wouldn't be a good business move for that specific agent. My suggestion is to commit to a qualified and professional agent who knows the area to which you are seeking to move very well and that agent can provide all the answers to your questions about every home in which you might have an interest. Having an agent working for you is the best way to insure good information and knowing someone has your back when buying a home. There are several great agents in Atlanta. If you need help with finding one, let me know and I will refer one of the best to you so you have a pleasurable buying experience. Good luck.
Good Morning Candace:

Yes a floor plan is an very informative Buying, as well as, selling tool. As a Listing agent I sketch all my homes I sell so I know the squire footage of them to better comp as well as understand the flow of the home, that may be the appraiser in me. As a Buyer's Agent I provided a floor plan for all the homes my clients are interested in.

Have you seen the home all ready? Sounds like you're in town and will be relocating to Atlanta? It may be hard to find someone in the area you looking to give you a floor plan or square footage since historically the boutique Buckhead real estate brokers have advised their agents not to quote square footage. Actually, I believe it has even been less then a year that the local FMLS starting allowing the use of square footage on the listing, so many still do not add it. You may notice the square is not listed for this listing.

I do not mind guessing that not knowing the square footage of the this home may be the reason why this home was on the market 643 days and expired on 02/20/2011 per the FMLS. I would be happy to contact the owner to see if they are still interested in selling? Please contact me.

If you're all ready working with an agent and your current agent can not provide you the service of your question, I would be happy to sketch the home for a fee. Based on the size of this home, I would estimate measuring this home to create a floor plan may take over an hour on site work plus an addition hour on my Apex software.

There are a lot of quirks to Atlanta real estate, like sketches and square footage, so this information may be easily available where you're from in Preston, ID, but here, it is not easily provided.

Please let me know how I can further help.

Peace

Rob
VANNI & ASSOCIATES, INC
Residential Real Estate Consulting
GA Licensed Appraiser #5255 & Salesperson #249593. REALTOR.
An agent for KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY of BUCKHEAD
office 404-604-3800
mobile 404-248-0400
fax 404-248-0800
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robvanni
http://www.robvanni.homelog.com

A Third Generation Real Estate Appraiser,
"Telling the truth about real estate for the past 21 years."
Candace,
Many times you can go to the county tax records and find a rough sketch of the floor plan but that's about it unless the seller has a floor plan they are willing to share. There is a rough sketch of the footprint of this particular house. If you are interested, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Strom Thurman
Atlantic Realty
StromRE@gmail.com
It is Fulton County not Dekalb County record for sq. ft. but for the floor plan you would have to see it.
Candace,
This listing (4172 Club Drive NE,Atlanta 30319) is expired on 2/20/2011 and based on Dekalb County record it is 5,072 SQ. FT. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.
Candace; if you would like I can preview the home for you and provide a basic sketch and measurements. When are you coming into town?