Property Q&A in 28207>Question Details

Frinvestor, Real Estate Pro in

Is there a market for furnished apartments in the Charlotte area (downtown, Elizabeth)?

Asked by Frinvestor, Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

4
There is a market for them.... but it requires some specialized marketing. You have to be able to market them for weekly / daily / and monthly rentals. So it is much more hands on than a normal rental. You also will have to keep all the utilities on, cable, internet and make a system to bill for those items. With the DNC coming to Charlotte there are people that need longer term furnished rentals. So you can target them. We have a website to market just to those renters at DNCDigs.com. When movies or the tv series Homeland comes back to start shooting... those crew members want furnished housing. There are also contract employees that come in to work at the banks and hospitals. So there is a market. You just need to be prepared to do the work to get the right tenants for your place.
Web Reference: http://www.DNCDigs.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Uptown Charlotte has always had a need for a furnished unit. The issue is how much more can you get for the additional furnishings and the term. The trend for these properties are short term leases usually any where from one to four months. I did have one luxury listing that went for 12 months.

Please call me if I can be helpful
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
There is a market for furnished rentals...It is a little more complicated than a regular rental....When you provide a furnished rental it is usually a shorter term. Could be weekly or monthly. it acts as an alternative to soemonel looking to stay in a hotel for an extended stay.

Also with the democratic national convention coming to town you will have a large contingency that will need a place to stya and want them furnished......
Web Reference: http://www.davedicecco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Are you interested in leasing on a short term basis? I know a company that specializes in short term rentals, and I imagine furnished units would be more desirable in that arena. Just call or email me and I will give you their info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011