Property Q&A in Jamestown>Question Details

David Ball, Home Buyer in Jamestown, NC

Is the price negotiable? #309 is for sale for $84500 which less than the $92000 paid for it in 2006.

Asked by David Ball, Jamestown, NC Wed Feb 25, 2009

With the current economic downturn I would offer less for #309 were I interested. #305 has a balcony which is nice to have but I may well rent the place out myself if I take a job in another location so it's not that important.

David Ball

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1070405400-5236-Hilltop-Rd-30…

Answers

3
Absolutely you should feel free to offer less than asking. Seller can always say no or come back with a counter. Seller might be taking a strategic loss.
Absolulely you should always feel a list price is negotiable in today's market. The seller might be taking a strategic loss.
David,
Actually #309's price has been all over the place. It was at 95,000, then 88,500 until the first of Feb and then down to 84,500 and now it is back up to 84,900. Just be careful of that you remember the HOA fees. The fees her at McGregor Place have been going up. They are now up to $125 per month. It does at least cover your trash removal and water & sewer.

By the way everything is negotiable when it comes to real estate. So if you need any help just let me know.

Hope this helps,