Property Q&A in 30319>Question Details

Kristen, Both Buyer and Seller in Atlanta, GA

Is the Windsor Pkwy area still a transitional from a saftey perspective? (i.e., foot traffic from neighboring areas and/ or disparate housing)

Asked by Kristen, Atlanta, GA Tue Feb 16, 2010

Answers

4
Kristen,

Windsor Parkway is still in transition from my perspective, but most areas in metro Atlanta are in some form of transition. Windsor itself has seen great progress over the last decade with some beautiful homes that can now be purchased significantly lower than when they were first built.

Chuck
Web Reference: http://chuckgreen.com
I have 2 listings currently under contract within blocks of Osborne and Windsor and that never came up. One at full price with a back up agreement.
I grew up nearby on Loridans Drive. Granted that was 1956 -til 1980...but I felt safe then and I believe I would feel safe today. However, it is not what I or others 'feel', it is what you 'feel'.

My suggestion to you is for you to go to the police precinct in your current neighborhood and get a crime report on your current neighborhood. You know how you 'feel' in your current neighborhood. Now compare your 'feelings' with the actual crime report. It will probably be eye-opening.

Then, get a crime report on the Windsor Parkway area and compare it to your 'baseline'...your current neighborhood's crime report.

Then you can make up your mind if you want to move to that area.

Best of luck!
Hey Kristen. I've sold many homes off of Osbourne which intersects with Windsor. They have built $800k homes next to some $100k homes. Now those $800k homes are selling for $500k. I think the area is still in transition. However, I also think it would be a great buying opportunity to get in there now.

Call me if you'd like help. Check out my website!

Julie Brittain
404.966.3328

http://www.TeamBrittain.com