Property Q&A in Libertyville>Question Details

creel.keith, Home Buyer in Libertyville, IL

Is it possible to put a master suite addition over the living room?

Asked by creel.keith, Libertyville, IL Wed Feb 1, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3067960117-805-Hayes-Ave-Libe…

Answers

5
I was mistaken about the street, checked after i posted. Look up 1133 harms, the one I saw before was 1133 Harms, closed for 325k and had the 5th level added to a quad. Closed 10/15/10. I know that house since I went out originally on CMA appointment and that seller didn't like that I suggested $350k starting price. It started at $390k and didn't sell for 336 days and ultimately closed for 325k. Had he listed it for 350k, it would have sold faster and probably higher than 325k. Any who, I digress.

Find one agent you trust and take that persons advice.

Thanks!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
Hi Keith
I have seen that modification on same model done before on home located on Fairlawn. Realize that the home you ask about is already a quad level, it's a tri-level with a sub basement and the addition you are thinking of adding adds another staircase. The house i was in that did the expansion up was very choppy floorplan. If you want bigger, you can get a regular 2 story Libertyville 4BR colonial under $450k and not need to do the work, and ultimately harder to eventually sell. Plus that house on Hayes is 3BR up and one in the lower basement level. The house you are asking about is asking 369k, you get alot of house in Lib for 350-400-450k and avoid the headaches of major expansion.

If you are not working with another agent, I am happy to set up a custom MLS web link. Call, text or email me if I can be of service.
Thanks!!

John Walin
Broker
Coldwell Banker
847 276-0120
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
The addition is possible but perhaps not practical with all that's on the market at low prices these days. We can help you determine property condition with our detailed inspections. Take a look at our website for details on our services and feel free to call with further questions.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Andrew Danner
Domicile Consulting
http://domicileconsulting.com
847-652-6946

2009 & 2011 Chicago Contractor of the Year, Angie's List
2008-2011 Super Service Award, Angie's List
It shouldn't have problem. I have renovation and energy efficient construction background. I can give you more advice when we visit the home together. I can be reached at 708.668.6391
Web Reference: http://Kkyan.com
I'm very familiar with this property. I should be possible to add a MBR addition over the living room and kitchen depending upon where the current hall bath plumbing, hall closet and ductwork are located. The staircase to the addition needs to come from off the hallway of the current bedroom level. I've seen this done before.There are other listings currently on the market that are similar in floor plan. If I can help you with this property or finding another, just give me a call at 847-217-9545.

Al Aronow
RER/MAX Suburban Libertyville