Property Q&A in 94582>Question Details

Gixxersixxer, Other/Just Looking in 94582

Is it possible to deduct property taxes paid on 31 Dec 2009 when filing returns for 2010 ?

Asked by Gixxersixxer, 94582 Wed Feb 10, 2010

Basically the issue is the "Property Tax & Payment Information" in acct. summary in my the county's website says it was paid on 12/31/09 but as per the bank check clearing date it was 1/5/10. So which one shohuld i go with ? Btw, the due date was in Apr 10

Help the community by answering this question:


Check with your tax professional, tax attorney or the IRS. However if the County recorded it in 2009 then when it cleared the bank should be irrelevant.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 10, 2010
I guess you are asking your question on this forum because property taxes have to do with real estate. What you are asking for is advice about your income tax. You should be asking an income tax preparation expert that question. Advice from anyone else but an expert should not be relied upon.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 10, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer