Property Q&A in Northwest>Question Details

Candyygurll00, Renter in

Is it available or not? If not why is listing still showing??

Asked by Candyygurll00, Tue Jun 5, 2012

My husband and I were very interested in this listing about 6 weeks ago. Talked to our realtor and he said it was under contract and looked as though it was in the process of being bought. Aka, unavailable. If this is the case, why is it still listed?? It's incredibly annoying to find a house you like that says it's for sale. Not under contract, not pending sale, but for sale, only to find that it is in fact not. Has something changed with this listing that it is in fact available now? If not, why in the world is it still showing? Thank you so much. -Candace

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3054015505-1013-Fairlawn-Ave-…

Answers

9
Until the home is officially "pending", the local MLS service continues to allow it to be marketed and active, so yes, the only way to know is to ask a real estate agent, i.e. your agent. This house IS showing that they have a contract and are in the home inspection contingency period still, at least per the MLS. Best to have your agent keep tabs on that particular property (i.e. a tickler) and should the current contract fall through he would be tipped off that it is available again.
Good luck! KK German, Wainwright Real Estate
(FYI, the MOST current listings can be found on a bonafide REIN (Real Estate Information) website, not Trulia. If your agent has one I would sign up there. If not, I have attached my feed.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
If you are looking for a home to purchase your best bet is to find a good real estate agent that will be happy to send you only active, current listings. Many times, as you have found out, properties show up as for sale when they are already under contract.

I would be happy to work with you to find current homes for sale in your desired area. Feel free to give me a call at anytime to discuss.

Nelene Gibbs
757 672-3232
Candace,

When a property goes under contract it could be pending a home inspection or some other contingency. Once all contingencies are removed, it will have a set settlement date, depending
on what the Buyer and Seller have agreed to. The Settlement date is typically 6-8 weeks from
the under contract date, although it could be shorter or longer. If you wanted to go through the process, you could write a back-up offer and wait to see if the other contract goes to settlement.

Hope this answers your question

Carol
Candace,
I truely understand your frustration. I have had several clients in the same situation. I have asked that our MLS company change the listing advertising status to a "Contingency" status while the inspection or short sale approval periods are in effect.

Unfortunately, so far, not every real estate professional sees it the same way. There are always possiblities that the current contract could fall through and that potential buyers like yourself may call to inquire on the home. The agent wants to continue to get calls on these under contract properties so that if the current sales contract falls through, then maybe another contract can be agreed upon fairly quickly. ... or if that purchaser does not have their own agent, then the listing agent can assist that consumer towards finding a different property.

Please be patient and I am sure your Realtor will find the perfect home for you and your family.
The home is an accepted offer already, looks like it went under contract on 5/7/12 and they are still showing it under a home inspection Contingencie. So it has to be inspected by the "Buyers" home inspector and once that is complete, then the buyer will make a decision to move forward or withdrawl from the deal.
To let you know, there are 5 total in that same sub-division that is for sale at this time. It is a great little place, central to everything. If you wish to get an email on those properties, contact me and I will send them.
Thanks for your question and don't worry, the right home is out there for you and your family.

Kevin Monette
William E. Wood At The Mall
757-735-2628
Probably still under contract. Portal websites like Trulia, Realtor.com, Zillow can only update the information as it receives it. If the property is under contract but has not been change to pending, which could happen just days before closing, the listing will show as active on these site. This is where a Realtor can come in handy because they can do research and check the status of the property for you.
This property is under contract pending Home Inspection. It will show as active until all contengencies are removed.