Property Q&A in Charleston>Question Details

Reinak, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Is a prefab or modular home permitted in this area?

Asked by Reinak, Charleston, SC Wed Jun 6, 2012

This question is about this property:…

possibly did not make myself clear or maybe to short an answer but NO!! Good luck LR
This piece of property is governed by the City of Charleston permitting department and City BAR. The Charleston Historical Society would probably weighin with its comments and any permits applied for.
This location would probably not permit a modular home since it's located on the peninsula, but it would be easy to check with the city Architecture Review Board to see what is actually permitted. The city has their own "rules" and then there might be additional requirements added by the neighborhood association, if there is one. My understanding is that you are referring to a "modular" home, as stated and not a "manufactured" home which generally refers to a mobile home. You might also check with some modular home builders to see if they can help you determine where they can build their homes. Let me know if you'd like some names of local Modular home builders. Good luck!

Marcia Wray
Carolina One Real Estate
easy just looking at overview photo the answer is NO. Also any community that has an HOA the answer is no. Right now prices so low rates so low great deals can be found in traditional houses. As always whatever is best for you. I will say that I would never suggest a Mobile Home to a client for sure but that's only an opinion. If you need info you can email me at BUT ONLY if your not working with reltor. Best of luck Lou Russo