Property Q&A in Durham>Question Details

Katie Miller, Home Buyer in Durham, NC

Interested in viewing the house. I will be in town this coming weekend. Any chance I could do a walk through?

Asked by Katie Miller, Durham, NC Mon Feb 13, 2012

I am looking to relocate to Chapel Hill/Durham area.Looking for an affordable home that includes appliances.

--
This question is about this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/1060581314-1608-Fay-St-Durham-NC-27701" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/1060581314-1608-Fay-St-Durham…

Answers

7
Hi Katie,
I love Durham yet would not want my daughter living there. While the house is cheap, it will need extensive repairs to bring it up to good living condition. That will most likely include code issues, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, new roof and then many cosmetic issues inside. It may be worth considering this house with the total price of renovations and comparing it to a house located in a more desirable area that may be in better condition. Long term, in fact any term it makes sense to buy in a better neighborhood.

Are you working or going to school? If working, what is the location? When you aren't working, what do you do and where do you like to do it? How long do you plan to hold onto the house? These are all questions worth considering.

Location is the first and most important decision to make. In order, here re the 5 most important factors:
Location, location, location, price, condition. That is it.

I hope your search process goes well. It would make sense to speak to a lender to find out what you can afford. There are programs in NC for first time home buyers that a lender can explain to you. If you don't have a lender, I can recommend a superb one. Richard Riano Richard@aeslending.com. 919-439-9862 He is first rate.
Web Reference: http://crazyvivhomes.com
Hi Katie
I would be happy to show you homes in Durham, I moved here from the D.C. area in 2011.
If you send me your wants I would be happy to send you some additional homes, maybe we can see several.
Michael
Hi Katie,
Yes, Larry is right, this is in a tougher part of Durham. Are you looking at it as an investment or as a primary residence? I am a contractor and I buy houses at foreclosure almost on a weekly basis. My wife is a real estate broker also. If you are interested in getting a good deal on something that is not listed, I can help with that, or my wife can help you with what is currently listed. You can contact me directly at 919-672-5678.
Justin Wright
Absolutely! I have some availability on Saturday and a little on Sunday, as well. Let me know when would work best for you and I'll set it up.

Toni Kemble, Broker/REALTOR
THE KEMBLE TEAM
Go Realty
C 919-624-1751
E toni@thekembleteam.com
W http://www.thekembleteam.com

Real Estate Made Simple!
I will be available sometime this weekend but I do have other clients from out of town can you narrow down the day and time to meet ? I will be happy to show you some homes of interest.
Katie - I have several homes listed and will send those to you and would be happy to show you any others that you would like to see. If you email me I can go ahead and send you MLS information of homes that fit .

Deborah Miller, Realtor
Coldwell Banker HPW
919-491-2826
Katie,

There's a reason this house is priced like it is. It's in what some would conisder a somewhat tough area.
I haven't personally seen the house, which looks fine. It's been on the marekt for just about a year now.

I'm booked up solid this weekend but with some advanced notice would be happy to help you.