Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Aida Rosa, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

In my application for a house for rent asked me for my bank account number and car's model? Is that normal?

Asked by Aida Rosa, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jul 8, 2009

I liked a house, but I'm worry because in the application they asked me for my SSN, Bank Account's Number, Cars, and proof of two months income. The house is manager by a broker, but I did a research and was sold two months ago. I'm ok to provide the information but my husband is worried about a ID theft. Can somebody tell me how I protect myself when I am trying to rent a house?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylvania/Philadelphia/sold/1…

Answers

2
As a property manager a credit, criminal backround and eviction check is standard practice. You can typically provide them with your own copy of credit report and as far as bank account numbers just maybe the last 4 digits. That is typically asked just to be sure that you have the required funds to initiate the lease and proof of income to prove you can afford the rent. This is all standard practice when dealing with a broker. Most importantly you need to trust who you are dealing with because more than likely that person will be your point of contact with any issues you may have as a tenant.
Yes, that is perfectly normal.