Property Q&A in 98640>Question Details

Sassy4you, Other/Just Looking in 98640

In Washington state is it required to have homeowners insurance when the home is paid off. Thank you very much, Vicki

Asked by Sassy4you, 98640 Tue Feb 21, 2012

Answers

4
Sassy4you,
Law, not that I'm aware of. Good sense, yes. If you are looking to save some money by eliminating it, consider discussing options to lower your coverage, raise your deductable or other ways to reduce your premium.
The most important thing is to have adequate liability so that if someone is hurt on your property you don't lose the house and everything else with it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
No......you are not required by any entity to carry insurance on your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
I pretty much agree with others. Why on earth would you want to take the chance?
Out of curiosity, why would you ask such a thing?

If the house is a teardown, then perhaps the risk of loss isn't that great. But homeowner's insurance also comes with liability insurance, and with a teardown that would be even more important to have in case someone is injured on the property.