Property Q&A in Riverdale>Question Details

Kerrian, Home Buyer in Lower East Side, New...

Im looking for a true 2 bedroom in Riverdale PS 24; however my credit is a problem due to a rental property I own. I am currently getting rid of it

Asked by Kerrian, Lower East Side, New York, NY Sun Jun 20, 2010

however need to move to a good area for me and my son. Is it possible to get into a good apartment without a credit check or an understanding board? (income and work very stable)

Answers

4
Have you seen this new property on the market, it looks great for kids and close to PS 24 which is a public school on the same high level of some of the private schools around. As long as you have good income and can prove it credit might not be an issue. Paying it all in cash would be definitely a way to prove yourself to the board...
http://www.trulia.com/property/3092129326-679-W-239th-St-6J-…
In order for you to [ay a coop without approval you will need to buy a condo or a sponsor coop unit which requires no board approval. You will need a preapproval letter from a reputable mortgage broker or bank.
I have been living in Riverdale for 11 years and selling here for 11 years I work with Weichert Realtors House and Home
I do have sponsor units for sale if you would like further information I can be recahed on my cell 917-570-8420
Maria
Hi Kerrian,

What you probably need to be looking for is a sponsor unit. An apartment where you do not need board approval to get accepted (there is more to a sponsor unit than that, but it is easier to explain verbally). There are several that would suit your needs in Riverdale, but you should make sure your credit is good enough to get a mortgage (unless you are paying casn). Banks are pretty difficult these days so you should go with a mortgage broker that you can trust and has experience with Co-ops. I have some suggestions if you would like, or if you have a good person, go use him/her.. Please contact me if you have any questions. I own Weichert Realtors - House & Home in Riverdale on Kappock street and my kids go to PS 24 so I do have quite a bit of experience in the area.

JOE GREENE
Broker/Owner
WEICHERT, REALTORS - House & Home
(718) 432-5000 ext.601 (Office)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
joegreene@weichert.com
Yes. Probbly not in the finest buildings but there are some who would consider you if you prepare a proper board package and put it out there. If you would like to see something please let me know.

Linda Zingg
917 669 9162
Keller Williams NY Realty
http://www.outerburrohomes.com
lzingg@kw.com