Property Q&A in Chicago>Question Details

Euroinvestor, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

If you had $ 1 mio cash. Only wanted multi fam homes with 10% cap rate. Want max leveradge. Live in Europe, no US credit history. What would you do?

Asked by Euroinvestor, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 19, 2010

Answers

5
If you want leverage you need to get a loan, not pay all cash. If the money is legal you might be able to get loans and should be able to get 10% or more cap rate.
If you need to pay all cash you also should easily be able to get a high ROI, but who will manage these investments? Are you familiar with Chicago and it's various neighborhoods?
Let me know if you want to talk about any of this. My web site lets you search for property, even foreclosures, if you want to take a look on your own.
I would first gather all the information I would need to get started.

Get a good loan office, real estate attorney, and a real estate agent.

Ask them for advice, tell them your situation, and move forward from there.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Get a local partner with experience buying, renovating, leasing and managing. I could help you, with my time and talent...and a little treasure to increase your leverage. Returns on investment would likely exceed 10 percent per year, plus capital gains could double your investment over time..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 20, 2010
You say you are a Euroinvestor and a landlord in Chicago.....
And my concern is why are you gathering your information on Trulia....
With 1 Million $ in cash I would assume that you have an attorney, tax adviser, and potentially
an international Realtor....

So having said that, if you are living in Europe, connect with a good international Realtor/Brokerage company
and attorney and together they will connect with a partner Realtor in the US to explore your best options....

Hope this helps!
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourChicagoConnection YourRealtor4Life
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
There are way better possibilities on the US real estate market that multi fam homes with 10% cap rate. For cash investments there is no need for US credit history. Email me if interested in US investments. Average rate of return 25% - 30%. This is what we do on a daily basis. I assume money are legit and can be verified through a reputable bank.