Property Q&A in Scottsdale>Question Details

Micki Oconnor, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

If the home at 11342 E. Jenan is available, I would like to see it. (480) 451-7376 Micki OConnor

Asked by Micki Oconnor, Scottsdale, AZ Wed Sep 30, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arizona/Scottsdale/sold/120669-1…

Answers

4
HI Micki,

It's good that you see the need to have a real estate agent help you to show you homes, but there is more involved with buying a home that a good agent can provide other than just opening the door. So, be careful of which agent you allow to show you homes, because doing so will create an implied working relationship and you may be stuck with that agent, for better or for worse.
So, before looking at any homes, it's best if you take time finding the right agent to assist you first. So, interview a few agents, preferrablly Buyer's Agents to find the right one for you and your home buying needs.

-----
PAUL WELDEN
HomeSmart
602-503-4010
Exclusive Buyer's Agent Realtor
Morning.

The comments in the MLS lead you to believe that this short sale could be approved fairly quickly. That happens sometimes, but a quick call to the listing agent will confirm. It is a bit early to call, but I will call at about 8am to see what the story is on this home. The home is due to go to auction on October 19th, so that would have to be monitored very closely.

The most recent comparable sale for Jenan was a short sale in Sierra Ridge (neighboring community) and it sold for $198,000 with a pool. It does back up to Frank Lloyd Wright, however.

I happen to have a listing on 110th/Cortez, almost 2400 sqft, single level in Casa Rica. It is a short sale and I just put it on the market for $329,000.

These homes are located in a great school district and a great location. I think you have zeroed in a potentially great purchase.

Sara Nickels
602-568-2848
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 30, 2009
Micki, the home is available and I will call you this morning to arrange a showing for you.
Email me: Donald@TheKeysTeam.com and let me know what time you are available to see it.
Thank you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 30, 2009
Hi Micki,
I imagine by now you have seen this home. I think you should also consider another home in the subdivision that is bank owned. This home you are interested in can take 60 days for a response since it's a short sale and if you are looking to qualify for the $8,000 first time buyer credit you could run past the deadline. With a bank owned home you could get an answer back in a few days. See the link below. Also this home is approved for special financing with 3% down as well as renovation loan which would allow you to fix up the property by allocating the needed amount into the loan and have a place that is more updated. Call me or email me for more info on how this works. I believe this home will go for less money as well.
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
lfeld@azrealtygroup.com
480-570-1074