Property Q&A in Berkeley>Question Details

Bill Quan, Home Buyer in Berkeley Marina, Ber...

I would like to see if the is proerty is still available, if so I would like to see it.

Asked by Bill Quan, Berkeley Marina, Berkeley, CA Sat Jan 23, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1095948472-1628-Ashby-Ave-Ber…

Answers

3
Hello Bill,

This property was supposed to be auctioned off but since its a short sale, EVEN if they have an accepted bid, chances are it may fall apart before they close the transaction as is the case in most short sales. If you like, I can find out if they are accepting back up bids for you. In the future, make sure you are working with a knowledgable Realtor who can get these listings to you soon as they come on the market so you dont miss out on anything. Remember, as a buyer, it does not cost you anything to work with a Realtor. Good luck!

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
The Realtor does these auctions as a way of getting a short sale offer to the lender who owns the note. this is not a typical "foreclosure" or REO auction, as there is no guarantee that the lender will accept any offer. There may or may not have been a "winner" last tuesday. I have not had good luck in the past getting a response form the listing agent but will give it a shot if you'd like more info.
Best wishes,
Bill Fletcher
Bill:

This property is an approved short sale that was supposed to have been sold at auction on Tuesday 1/19/10 1:00 pm. There is no way of contacting the auction house today to see if it actually sold or not. It is tenant occupied and there are no instructions for actually showing the property.