Property Q&A in Kendale>Question Details

gmd53, Other/Just Looking in Columbus, OH

I would like to know if this property is for sale and with what Realtor and what bank holds the deed?

Asked by gmd53, Columbus, OH Thu Nov 15, 2012

This was my childhood home which my parents had built in 1962, we were the first house in the entire area, I am wanting the banks name that foreclosed on 1040 in 2011, I am greatly saddened and appalled @ the incompetence the bank showed by simply not shutting off the water, thus causing substantial flooding and damage! The bank should sell back to me for$1.00 it will cost me over$ 200,000 to restore as before,please forward on to bank involved, I have issues to resolve with them.

Gayla M Story gmd53@columbus.rr.com

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Ohio/Columbus/sold/501-1040-Kend…

Answers

2
Hi Gayla.

It is a shame when properties are abandoned and then suffer the consequences of vandalism and/or winter freezing-related problems. As a previous HUD inspector, I saw many homes that were virtually destroyed by broken (or missing) water pipes. Unfortunately, banks are usually unable to secure properties and winterize them until after the foreclosure process has completed--sometimes far too late. It sounds like that was the case with your childhood home. :-(

I looked up the records for you and found that the house at 1040 Kendale did sell through through a Realtor in September for $76,000. That means the previous bank is no longer involved. You may want to contact the bank directly if you have other issues with them. Here's their contact information

Third Federal Savings & Loan of Cleveland
7007 Broadway Ave
Cleveland, OH 44105
(216) 429-5228

--CJ
Ms.Story,what is the address--we can't tell from the email.

Thank you so much.

Vutech & Ruff