Property Q&A in Orlando>Question Details

Vburton09, Renter in Orlando, FL

I was wondering if there are any exceptions to the no pets rule? Please e-mail me at

Asked by Vburton09, Orlando, FL Wed Jun 15, 2011

I work for a law enforcement agency, both of our dogs are house trained and crated while we are not in the house. Also, if needed we could get a letter from our current landlord to prove they are not destructive in any way.

This question is about this property:…

Usually there are exceptions to most all rules. In the case of dogs, especially large dogs- there is a reason for them not being welcome in many communities. Firstly, the grassy areas- where people walk and children play- becomes poop infested.

Another reason is liability and safety concerns. Many people are afraid of animals with sharp pointy teeth :)

A typical exception for allowing dogs and other animals are those animals know as "service" animals that care for thier owners, such as seeing eye dogs and "emotional support" companions.
It appears this home is being offered to rent on a month to month basis in a "Home Manager" program. They are trying to sell it while you are living there and have strict criteria for their renters in exchange for the low monthly rent.

There are quite often exceptions to rules. You could always put together a plea with your supporting documentation and present your argument.

I hope this helps. If you would like additional assistance with this or other rental properties, please feel free to contact myself or my assistant, Belinda.

Greg Kite
407-545-6447 x 3005