Property Q&A in Brentwood>Question Details

Frank Chu, Home Buyer in San Francisco County,...

I was the highest bidder when this house was a short sale at $275,000 is this house now sold to another bidder

Asked by Frank Chu, San Francisco County, CA Tue Mar 24, 2009

or did this house get taken back to the bank and now is in forclosure. please let me know how much an individual should bid on a house in brentwood how much lower in price compared to average price. also are these comparables on this site very accurate because zip reality seems not to be they are still on jan 09 comps.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Brentwood/sold/556079…

Answers

2
Hi Frank,

You asked about how much lower to bid than list price on bank-owned listings. As a general rule, I suggest to my clients that they offer a 95% of list amount. However, when my most recent client did that, and we learned there were two other offers, my client raised the offer to full price. Still don't know if she got it.

Hope that's helpful,

Dave
Hi Frank:

As you surmised, the bank foreclosed on it. Now it will come back on the market as a bank-owned REO some time in the near future.

If you want to write an offer on it when it does come back on, it should be based on a valuation carried by your agent who should produce a comparative market analysis for you. Note that banks generally price homes very aggressively.

If you want to know when it comes up for sale (or if you want to know about other bank owned homes etc.), let me know.

All The Best

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com