Property Q&A in 33480>Question Details

tksudin, Other/Just Looking in Palm Beach, FL

I want to be a snowbird next winter in Florida. Is it better to rent for the season or purchase a property?

Asked by tksudin, Palm Beach, FL Tue May 14, 2013

Answers

5
Hi, . Let's talk more about your ideal "wish-list" .Once we focus in, you will easily be able to decide if its better for you to rent or purchase your ideal winter "snow-bird nest".. Thanks! Julie Rosenthal, Your "Go-To" Palm Beach expert. Mobile phone: (561)827-6789 Email: julier6789@gmail.com

If you know the area you would like to live in, it's a great time to buy. Prices are creeping up again, and mortgage rates are very low.

Would you like a single family house, townhouse, or condo?

Do you want to be close to the beach or on a golf course?

Do you want something with a large clubhouse and activities?

Lastly what is your budget and how large a home are you looking for?

Give me a call and we can discuss what would best suit your individual needs.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
I think it is a good time to buy now in Florida, let me know what price range you are looking for and I will do a search for property for sale and what they can be rented for. I can help you find a tenant later on. If you do not want to rent the unit all year round you can rent for up to 6 months and usually for the season you can charge more and make up the rest of the months and still have a place to stay when you come here. You can contact me at 561-317-7186 or email me at agatha.jenney@elliman.com

Agatha Jenney
Douglas Elliman
Tksudin,

As you may be aware the local real estate market has experienced a robust turnaround over the past year but even with limited overall inventory levels there are some great opportunities to be had. A clear description of your goals and locational preferences is an important first step We have some great deals still available within walking distance to some of the states best beaches that make financial sense from a pure investment standpoint. Buying is certainly less expensive than renting but you need to look at the overall financial implications when it comes to what you are going to do with the property when you are not is residence.

There are single home opportunities that are not encumbered by an association which allow you the most flexibility. Other associations allow for 30 day rentals and in a few cases shorter terms and these too will assist you in buying a property that makes sound financial sense.

The very best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can properly assist you in clearly defining your objectives and designing a game plan to help you meet them. I would certainly be honored to be included on the list of any Realtors® you may choose to interview and am happy to be of help to you and your family with any, and all, of your real estate needs throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"
I would say if you know the area you want to live in then I would buy now. Prices have continued to move up for the last 2 years now.
If you dont know the areas then it would be a good idea to rent to see what you really like.
You can always have a conversation with a Realtor like myself. A conversation on what your wants and needs are can give enough information to show you these areas that you may like.
If I can help in anyway please either call or email me at 561-868-0591 or isellflahomes@gmail.com