donnaattusca…, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

I saw someone wrote that I have to qualify for hafa to get the deficiency on my short sale. If I am going to have a realtor short sale it where in

Asked by donnaattuscany, Boynton Beach, FL Wed May 22, 2013

The agreement of the contract should I stress that and how should I stress that. I have yet to see a contact that says that . Please tell me where it would state that or do I tell them to make an amendment because I don't see it as a standard contract.

Help the community by answering this question:


When you hire a realtor to help you with your short sale, that realtor will bring in a title company to help expedite the process. The attorney at the title company will be able to answer any questions you have about any financial aspect of your short sale. By the way, the bank pays the title costs for your short sale, along with the broker's commission. You will not get anything from the short sale of your house, but you won't be paying the realtors or the title company because the bank (also known as the third party) is now the seller.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
REMAX Complete Solutions
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 23, 2013
The short sale Listing addendum that you sign at the time of the listing addresses this issue. And, you do NOT have to be qualified for HAFA to receive full deficiency release. It is only a provision of HAFA.
You really need to contact a local short sale specialist as you have many many questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 23, 2013

Not sure where you heard that you have to be going through the HAFA process in order to receive a waiver of any future deficiency but that is not correct.

Hope this helps....

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

Keller Williams Realty
561 308-0175
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer