Property Q&A in 22201>Question Details

Beancha, Home Buyer in 22201

I refinance my home 11 years ago, I added my girlfriend to the loan, how can i get her name taken off for good we are breaking up.

Asked by Beancha, 22201 Thu Dec 23, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Refinancing is the only way to get your girlfriend off the loan, but another question is whether she is on the title. If she is not on the title, then she would have no ownership share when you eventually sold the property, unless you had some other agreement.

Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 23, 2010
well, only way to do it is to do refinance your house again with only your name on it. The rates you get might be lower than your current rate. I would prefer to have lower rate and have your girl friend's name off from the loan by getting the refinance. Please contact me if you have further question.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 23, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer