Property Q&A in 95020>Question Details

Sanmartin4hp…, Home Buyer in 95020

I really want to move into a house in Gilroy and we found one in, The Meadows gated community. But wondering if I could have farm animals there

Asked by Sanmartin4hphotographer, 95020 Mon Dec 19, 2011

So we have been looking into moving to Gilroy for quite some time and my dad FINALLY found the home of his dreams in a gated community named The Meadows. I looked for the community online but found legitimately Nothing. So I thought I would try here. I was just wondering if in this particular community we could have animals such as chickens or dairy goats. I am an active 4-h member so I really need to know

Answers

4
Since you really want to move to Gilroy you are no doubt already working with a competent Realtor.

They will be able to guide you to properties that meet your needs so you don't waste your time.

In this case, your Realtor will have easy access to HOA rules and regulations and CC&Rs.

The Meadows likely has restrictions in keeping with their effort to maintain an exclusive aura - though such regulations may conflict with Santa Clara County right-to-farm ordinances. The Meadows, by the way, is almost certainly outside the Gilroy city limits though it has a Gilroy zip code.

For this price range you have a lot of choice including some fantastic homes with land, views, animal facilities and more.

You can see several Realtors are anxious to work with you (as I would be) if you don't have someone now.

If you need someone to specifically make some calls on your behalf concerning the Meadows, please let me know.

Good luck ... Wayne
Web Reference: http://www.waynegiroux.com
The CC&Rs is the way to go to be sure, but I suspect that with the lots being small that they would not allow farm animals, I've not heard of a gated community that would, but I could be wrong so check it out.
I would get together with a Local agent who is very familiar with Gilroy and the zoning for animals. ( You would need a good sized lot in any case.)
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
CDPE-Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE# 01397256
As you may have noticed most of the homes in the Meadows Subdivision are smaller than those other single family homes a little South of that tract. A copy of the CC&Rs (covenants, conditions and restrictions) will spell out exactualy what you can have on the property. The HOA (homeowners association) will also have discriptions of legal things you can do with the home.

If you really want chickens and goats you will need a home with larger lot. There are several homes in San Martin, Gilroy and North San Benito County where you can have animals. Why not text, e-mail or call me. I'll be happy to provide you with a list of them.

Mike Walters
text/cell: 831/630-3717
e-mail: Mike@CaHomes411.com
Web Reference: http://www.CaHomes411.com
Your Dad should be provided a copy of the community CC&R's. Those documents will contain rules. Also, his Realtor can get the phone number for the HOA management company who should have the answers you need.