Property Q&A in Los Angeles>Question Details

Mitchell, Home Buyer in 91342

I pass by this boarded up house every day on my way to work. can I find our who ownes it and make an offer on it?

Asked by Mitchell, 91342 Fri Mar 25, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Los_Angeles/sold/3921…

Answers

12
Go to our foreclosure radar resource.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 25, 2011
Hi Mitchell,

I know who the owners are & where they live, I can contact them to see if they would like to sell it. Please shoot me an email or give me a call so I can let you know what their response is.

It doesn't appear from the tax record that the owner is in any sort of financial distress, no notice of default filed, so I'm not sure why it's boarded up.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell
Realtor Since 1996
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 25, 2011
Mitchell:

Interestingly enough, the owner of this property lives quite close to my office. Why the home is boarded up and vacant is anyone's guess. Perhaps the property has been in the family for a long time and there are plans to restore it. Or perhaps they are holding on to it and hoping to sell it when the market turns around. Another possibility is that they are looking to get it rezoned, as it is surrounded by commercial properties.

One thing I know for certain, if you don't ask the owner if they want to sell, you will never know. As stated in a prior response, the property is not "in distress". In other words it is not owned by a bank, is not in foreclosure, and therefore the owner's do not NEED to sell the property. If you are interested in buying this property, you would want to keep these facts in mind when negotiating the purchase and setting the price. Hope this helps and let me know if you are still looking for further information.

Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
Mitchell,
We have sold many properties in this neighborhood and it is a great looking old house.
If you would like us to contact the owners and write an offer for you today let us know.

Laura and Brian Moore
The Moore Group
http://www.LAVintageHomes.com
Vintage, character & architectural specialists.
Fax 323-300-1001
LAVintageHomes@earthlink.net
CA DRE License # 01220178
Search for Homes
http://LAVintageHomes.com

Are any of your friends considering buying or selling?
Please let us know and we'll be happy to help them!
Everything has a price. I am digging the fact that you are thinking outside of the box Mitchell :) As everyone here has mentioned, the owners can be found through public record and approached with an offer to purchase...now, for a new challenge...which realtor do you choose?
Let me know if I can be of service- Im happy to help
Good luck Mitchell
Kenya Reeves Costa ABR,SFR
Keller Williams Realty Los Feliz
323.251.8626 direct
323.300.1115 office
kenyareevescosta@gmail.com
The is a unique property, and Public Records lists it as built in 1897, with 6+2...but who knows how it's configured now, over 115 years later. The one next door at 833 Beacon is pretty cool looking too...and is even bigger at over 5000sqft.

I would suggest that you get a good realtor to start the search to track down the owner. Never hurts to kick out an offer. One never knows, do one?!
Jayne Clement
Cell)213/309-5005
I have the owners name and address, and I can contact them to see if they would like to sell it. Please email or give me a call so I can let you know what their interest is.

The tax record indicates that the owner is not in any sort of financial distress, no notice of default filed, so there is no indication why it is vacant and boarded up. This is often the case before a major remodel. This is a good rental area.

Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
(C) 310-422-4288
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
Hi Mitchell...sure...have you seen the interior of this property before? If not, call me and we can try to arrange to contact the owner and see if he/she is willing to show the property. Will you be financing? If so, we also need to work out the details...

Alisha
(626) 715-0992
alisha.chen@cs-rei.com
hey,

I looked up the owner's information and can contact them to see if they would be interested in selling but I need to know how sure and ready you are to purchase this home. send me an email and we can go from there.

Later,
Jeannette

Jeannette Alamilla
323.206.8537
jeannette.alamilla@gmail.com
I recommend finding a qualified Realtor you like and trust to navigate these waters. It looks smooth on the surface but a pro will look out for you.
Hey Mitchell,

Sure, you can certainly find out who owns it and make an offer to purchase the property. You can find out the owners name and mailing address through the tax records by using the Assessor's parcel number, then it is just a matter of contacting them. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB
You can find out who owns the property but you won't be able to find out who the listing agent is in order to make a offer