Property Q&A in Forest Lake>Question Details

Kcangell, Other/Just Looking in Forest Lake, MN

I owned this house back in 2003. It was sold to us for $220,000. Why is it not on record? We lived there until 2006.

Asked by Kcangell, Forest Lake, MN Sun Sep 4, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Minnesota/Forest_Lake/sold/41121…

Answers

3
It is on record with the county! There is a warranty deed sale for $230,000 on 1-13-2006, a warranty deed sale for $206,000 on 9-28-2001, a warranty deed sale for $216,300 on 6-27-2003 and a contract for deed sale from last year on 5-21-2010 for $320,000. Let me know if I can be of further help!
As MLS members, ., we agents have access to archived sales and tax data. While the history of sales is available in date of sale and sales price on our tax records in the counties, we do not see a chain of ownership with names indicated. Our sales data and archive would allow us to trace this to some degree If you financed this house, you would had a title insurance policy for the lender, paid at the time of closing, and possibly an owners' policy which would have been in your closing documents back in 2003, and again in 2006, when the property was sold. The county has archival records of the chain of title and this is a matter of public record, so you could physically go there and see that your lender's lien had been released by transfer and payoff - the data indicated on your closing papers - and you could also see the Certificate of Real Estate Value, showing the sales price and the loan. I hope this helps. If you have a more specific concern, I would be happy to tell you where to research your transactions. Liz, 612-986-4105
It shows up that way on the MLS....what records are you referring to? Is there a reason you're concerned?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011