Property Q&A in Massapequa>Question Details

MBjerke, Home Seller in Bay Shore, NY

I own a small brick house in Massapequa in sd 23. 1br and 1 bath. Land could possibly be sub-divided. What is a house worth?

Asked by MBjerke, Bay Shore, NY Thu Sep 27, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3092135532-168-Massachusetts-…

Answers

8
The "house" could be worthless. It may need to be knocked down. The real value may be in the land. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.bverealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
The wrong MLS number is attached to the listing, it should be 2519731. As you have it listed with a realtor you should be asking these questions of the listing agent.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
I am not talking about any listing. My house is NOT listed yet. I just asked a question. My house is not on MLS.
Flag Fri Sep 28, 2012
Assuming that your property can be sub-dividable ( Which is a big assumption) the purchaser would most likely be left with two lots to build on as opposed to 1 lot & 1 small home ( Provided you sell them both). Many times the land is worth more than the home. Keep in mind the 1 bedroom home cannot be left on a sub standard lot. ( Exceptions may apply).

To begin with you need to know the proper zoning requirements in order to build. The requirements are different in Nassau Shores as opposed to Massapequa Woods even though both are in Massapequa.

Every scenario is different when going for a sub-division. Do the lots conform to local building codes or is a variance needed? Will the sub-divided property conform to the character of the neighborhood?

If a variance is needed( A deviation from the norm) will your neighbors be supportive or opposed to the sub division.

For straight forward answers give me a call or E-Mail and I'll let you know where you stand. I recently helped a homeowner sub-divide in Massapequa in the Farmingdale School district and have 2 new homes going up as we speak. Thank you!!

John Roach
Owner / Broker
Hicks & Roach Realty
201 Northwest Dr Farmingdale NY 11735
Cell 516-448-6781
E-Mail JohnRoachRealty@Aol.Com
Hello MB. We can not estimate what it might be worth without seeing it. If you would like to get an estimate of what your home is worth and a number that is fair in today's market, feel free to contact an Agent and ask for a free consultation and evaluation.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
In order to determine worth, contact and invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; or consider hiring a professional appraiser...
You have asked the question, ....so have you ever heard of specialists in the subject called Real Estate Agents ? - Hire one to your liking, this questions and others will be answered in a professional way and you will be the better for it.

You know how to reach anyone of us.

The other responders were polite. I think your answer is rude and patronizing.
Flag Fri Sep 28, 2012
It's not fair to make an assessment based on a description only, without viewing the property. I am an Associate Broker residing in the Massapequa's. I would be happy to meet with you and give you a proper evaluation for our home.

Please call me on my cell @ 516-343-9133

Elaine Patterson
Licensed Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
elaine.patterson@elliman.com
It is difficult to answer your question precisely without viewing the house. I would be happy to visit the property if you can arrange interior access, and provide you with a fairly precise marketing analysis.

There is no cost and there is never an obligation.

You can contact me at gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com or call 631-425-6150.