Jddaley79, Home Buyer in Kiawah Island, SC

I need to know taxes on this property a year?

Asked by Jddaley79, Kiawah Island, SC Sat Jan 5, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3069649357-141-Halona-Ln-Kiaw…

Answers

3
Good morning!

I have calculated what the total property tax liability would be on this property if the sale price was the list price of $1,750,000 since the value taxed would be the sale price and have found that the approximate tax liability would be $6,200 if this home was your principal residence. If it was not your principle residence, the tax liability would be about $18,000. Please remember that this liability would go down if the purchase price is less and that they liability can change from one year to the next.

I hope that this is helpful! Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I spent 14 years as an elected person in local goverment and I have a masters degree in accountancy so I under the property tax system pretty well. It is nice when I can put that knowledge and experience to work in my real estate practice!

Cheryll

Cheryll Woods-Flowers, Keller Williams
843-442-2219
cflowers@woodsflowers.com
Depends on whether you live there full time or are a resident of S Carolina and this is your main residence. Another home in this price range on Kiawah has a tax at 6,000 plus, but under 7K as their main home. A residence taxed as not a main home at a similar price is taxed at 12,000 +. I hope you find this informaion helpful.
As you are probably aware of your tax rate depends on whether this will be your primary resisdence or vacation home. If it is your primary you will be taxed at the 4% if vacation it will be 6%. in this area you will most likely be looking at about $12K for the primary residence, or $28K for the vacation home. If we can be of further assistance to you in negotiating and securing your home feel free to give us a call. You don't have to go it alone, you put yourself at a disadvantage not using a agent or using the sellers agent to broker this deal, our fees are always paid by the seller whether you choose to use us or not. so our contact info. is below, call us if you have any further questions.

The Reese Team
Spence & Theresa Reese
Harbourtowne RE/Daniel Island
843-478-3104/843-478-3106
team.reese@yahoo.com