Property Q&A in Lansdowne>Question Details

Sierra, Other/Just Looking in Lansdowne, PA

I need to get out of a mortgage ASAP because I've just put a parent in a nursing home. How can I get out quickly for only amount owed on my?

Asked by Sierra, Lansdowne, PA Mon Dec 7, 2009

loan??

Answers

6
Sierra,
It sounds like your question really hasn't been answered. Other than finding an investor that will be willing to pay you what is owed on the mortgage, that may or may not work depending on what you owe, but there will still be some fees associated with transferring the property, any taxes owed, etc.. However "getting out quickly for only what is owed" sounds like you aren't willing to pay a professional to sell your home, and it may cost you more in the long run by not getting it SOLD right away, or not having the right agent negotiate the sale for you. Know all the numbers before you decide to do anything!
Investors will low ball. Remember that. I work with investors and if your interested in a very quick sale and having your house sell .50 cents on the dollar then go this route. But you may potentially lose out on some money versus doing a more traditional route.

Sean Dawes
Sierra,
We have ready, willing, and able investors to purchase homes for cash with quick settlements. Please give me a call if you would like assistance with a quick sale and/ or options, Our office is in the lansdowne area.
Lawrence
http://www.allstarrealtypa.com
Sierra,

Depending on what you owe, dont jump for someone willing to assume, your home could be worth more depending how long you have been there.

Get it priced first and then look at what is the best thing to do.

Sean Dawes

One of the best ways out of your mortgage is to have an investor step in and either buy cash or assume your mortgage. I would have to discuss with your bank and/or review your loan docs to see if your loan is assumable. If you have some equity in your property, investors will be interested in your property. If you only have a little equity, we would need to market your house as quickly as possible to attain the best number for you. If you have no equity in the property, you are in a tough position but still have some options. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further. If you would like to have myself or investors put together some figures for you, give me a call. I look forward to helping you.

Brian Fletcher
Lincoln Realty
BuyingWithBrian.com
Brian@BuyingWithBrian.com
Sierra,

If you want, drop me an email at sean.dawes@LNF.com and I can look up your home and run a market analysis to see what it is worth.

You dont have to post this here, but let me know what you owe on it.

Sean Dawes
Long and Foster Real Estate Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com